Saturday, March 27, 2010

What to say

Well I am new to this whole blogging thing but thought I would give it a go as a way to get my feelings out there and to be honest it would not worry if no one ever read this I just find it can be very helpful to put my feelings into words.



Just a bit of background about me I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and this will be my third pregnancy but so far none of our precious angels have made it into the world but it is looking very much like this little bub is sticking in there after some scares for me and my wonderful husband John we cannot wait to meet our miracle baby.


I found out I was pregnant about a week before Christmas (best present ever I might add) and about 2 weeks latter I finally got into see my doctor and also got to go have a scan that very day, when I went for my first scan unfortunately things were not looking very good as there was no sign of a heartbeat or a yolk so naturally my first thought was that we had lost another little angel as on top of those bits of information I was no longer feeling pregnant which was not a good sign at all.


When I went back to my doctor with the scan results she also had my blood test results and when they did the test they found sugar in my urine and blood which was a sign that I could have diabetes and at the same time I was given a 50% chance of bub being alive but I would have to wait another 2 weeks before I could have a scan done and I would also have to get a glucose tolerance test done.


So on went the longest 2 weeks of my life but in that time I had already come to turns with the fact that I probably had diabetes and that my baby was no longer alive so I acted like I was not pregnant the whole time and pretty much ate crap with the theory that i better make the best of eating what I wanted before I was officially diagnosed with diabetes.


Scan day came around I told John not to come to the scan with me as I already knew what the results were going to be so off I went and told the scan lady my history and she did all these checks that they do and then we get to the end of the scan and the scan lady goes well i don't put your due date down as the 1st of September I have it as the 26th of August! at this point I have looked at her with an confused look on my face followed by a what??? yes the 26th of August and your baby's heartbeat is nice and strong at 152bpm at that point she turned of the thing so i could hear the most beautiful sound I have ever heard and naturally what else could I do but promptly burst into tears.


stay tuned for part 2 as i now have to drag myself off to bed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment